The Centre for Journalism Innovation and Development, through its Natural Resources and Extractives Programme (NAREP), is delighted to announce its 2023 media fellowship for journalists, media professionals, researchers and analysts in the extractive sector.
NAREP aims to strengthen the capacity of media and civil society to demand transparency and accountability in the extractive sector by enhancing media and civil society collaboration in the reporting of activities in the industry. It seeks to highlight issues and help set the agenda for the government in designing strategies for revenue diversification by looking beyond oil. This fellowship aims to advance natural resource journalism in Nigeria.
The fellowship is open to all experienced Nigerian journalists working in the extractives sector (Oil and Gas and solid minerals). Analysts and researchers working around the extractive sector reforms can also apply.
Journalists accepted into the training will be able to submit a pitch for a story they would like to pursue during their fellowship.
Selected journalists will be notified by email and will be mentored for the duration of the fellowship.
Deadline: 28th April 2023
Please note the following guidelines:
- Applicants must have relevant experience in investigative reporting, data or policy analysis.
- Overall story idea must be centred around solid minerals and oil and gas.
- Female journalists are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. (If you do not hear from us by the first week of May, please consider your application unsuccessful.