In conjunction with News Corporation and The Wall Street Journal, ICFJ is providing journalists from across the world with the opportunity to hone their digital journalism abilities, as well as assistance in developing data- and/or digitally-driven projects.
The News Corp Media Fellowship program for 2023 includes digital innovation training, grant support, and exclusive virtual newsroom placement with the Wall Street Journal. It builds on earlier Fellowship incarnations, which have provided journalists with intensive experiences in some of the world’s most digitally advanced newsrooms since 2014.
ICFJ News Corp Media Fellowship Fellowship
During the fellowship, the journalist will be embedded virtually for three months (September 15 – December 15) with WSJ. The selected News Corp Media Fellow will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to WSJ projects on analyzing audience engagement and newsletter interactions
- Lead peer-to-peer discussions
- Promote an exchange of ideas and knowledge
- Establish new partnerships and relationships with WSJ teams
ICFJ News Corp Media Fellowship Eligibility
- English-speaking journalists and editors with experience working with data, audience engagement, or newsletters are welcome to apply for the webinars – the first step toward the fellowship.
- Journalists from all countries are eligible for the opportunity.
- While reporting skills will be useful, the fellowship has a non-reporting component, instead focusing on audience, newsletter and other digital journalism skills. The selected journalist should not expect to receive bylines during their fellowship.
ICFJ News Corp Media Fellowship Benefits
- The fellow will also have the opportunity to travel and meet WSJ colleagues at the bureau closest to them. This one-week site visit will include meetings with various teams and newsroom leaders.
- The program will cover all expenses during this week-long visit.
ICFJ News Corp Media Fellowship Application
To be considered for the fellowship, journalists must:
- Has a strong news sense and curiosity
- Demonstrates strong collaborative skills
- Has an interest in audience engagement and building community
- Is willing to try new things, experiment and innovate
- Comes with ideas for several projects to work on during the fellowship
Deadline: March 26, 2023.