Money Trail is a collaborative project between highly regarded journalism and training organizations – Journalismfund.eu, Finance Uncovered, Free Press Unlimited – and Oxfam Novib.
In Money Trail, Journalismfund.eu offers working grants for (teams of) African, Asian and European journalists to investigate cross-border illicit financial flows, tax abuse money laundering and corruption in Africa, Asia and Europe. Grants are awarded to journalists solely by Journalismfund.eu, with no input or oversight at any stage from the consortium as a whole.
The primary goal of this grant is to expose illicit finance, tax abuse, corruption and money laundering.
Who can apply?
- Intercontinental journalist teams from Africa, Asia and Europe.
- Regional cross-border collaborations in Africa and Asia.
- Exceptional proposals from individual journalists in Africa and Asia whose story includes an offshore element in a national story – where the money trail leads to a tax haven – can be accepted.
- European journalists planning on applying must collaborate with an African or Asian journalist.
- Foreign correspondents in Africa or Asia must collaborate with local journalists.
In order to be eligible for this application, the journalists have to ensure that their story will be published. Therefore, during the application procedure, they will be asked to upload commitment of publication from relevant media organizations.
For more information visit: https://www.journalismfund.eu/money-trail-grants?fbclid=IwAR24Xyt0OWtJsKM9Vc_317XfvHGNfTvZmctffeEzxfzaoabaRWU6xqvLb6A